Below is a summary of rules you need to follow if you want to have an account on this server of Mastodon:
No racism, sexism / misogyny, ableism, anti-semitism / religious-based hate, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, or casteism.
No incitement of violence or promotion of violent, white supremecist, incel, Holocaust denial or Nazi ideologies.
No harassment, dogpiling, or doxxing of other users.
Sexually explicit or violent media must be marked as sensitive. Pornographic material may not be posted.
No intentionally false or misleading information (this includes COVID-19 and vaccine misinformation).
hcommons.social Code of Conduct
Humanities Commons exists to ensure open discussion and a welcoming environment for all users. As on hcommons.org, we reserve the right to delete any posting or ban any account judged to be inappropriate, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or otherwise illegal or offensive. The following guidelines outline our expectations for appropriate online behavior for all users:
Be courteous and respectful. Do not post inflammatory, derogatory, or otherwise inappropriate comments about other users. Respect one another’s privacy and intellectual property. (See “Behavior that can get you banned” below.)
Know and respect the law. Do not promote, condone, or encourage illegal activity in your postings.
Encouraged uses of hcommons.social
- Share links to your work and to the work of others -- especially deposits to the Commons repository!
- Share resources and ideas, and build connections with other members.
- Discuss in-process work, hold reading groups, and involve others in your projects.
- Be creative, and bring your whole selves. Non-academic stuff is welcome, as are satire and activism -- but please do bear the server rules in mind.
- Please use content warnings when posting things that other users might find triggering. Kindness is key.
Behavior that can get you banned
- Sexually explicit or violent media must be marked as sensitive when posting (pornographic material may not be posted)
- No incitement of violence or promotion of violent, white supremecist, incel, Holocaust denial, or Nazi ideologies
- No harassment, dogpiling, or doxxing of other users
- No sharing of intentionally false or misleading information (this includes COVID-19 and vaccine misinformation)
- New accounts must have a verified email address and are subject to moderator approval.
- Attacks and harassment against other members based on race, gender, identity, religion, or national origin will result in a 48 hour timeout. The second offense will result in a permanent ban.
- Posts inciting violence or promoting violent, white supremecist, incel, Holocaust denial or Nazi ideologies will result immediately in a permanent ban.
- Minor initial violations of the code of conduct (discourteous behavior or spamming affiliate links) will result in a warning. A second violation of the same rule will get the user placed in time out for a period of 48 hours. A third violation will result in a permanent ban.
- Repeated minor violations will result in a ban on the third warning.
- If you feel that someone was unjustly banned, please contact the Humanities Commons team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Complaints should be made privately, not publicly.
- We may choose to unban an individual if they express remorse and it was a first offense.
- Ban evasion accounts will result in further bans when identified.
- If a member engages in behavior that violates the code of conduct please report the behavior (with links) to email@example.com.